- 2C water
- 1TB loose black tea (pref. Assam)
- 5 green cardamom pods, cracked open
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2” piece of ginger, peeled & crushed
- sliver of cinnamon (appx. half a stick)
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 white peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 3/4” piece of dried tamarind
- sweetened condensed milk
In a small pot heat the water to boiling. Add tea and spices, turn off the heat, and cover the pot. Steep for five minutes.
Turn heat back on and bring to a boil. It is important to remove the tea from the heat as soon as it boils, elsewise it will get bitter very quickly.
Strain and serve.
while serving add sweetened condensed milk to taste (1 to 2 tablespoons per glass usually)
saving a friend’s personal chai tea recipe here for reference. i dont really care too much for regular tea(i know im a bad southerner) but i love her chai tea.
- tabakabhangigkeit likes this
- highontea reblogged this from whiteasalabaster
- whiteasalabaster reblogged this from webpixies
- q-uoth-the-raven likes this
- youarewaves likes this
- notthenoviceyouarelookingfor likes this
- yaminoyume reblogged this from webpixies
- pervyfaerie reblogged this from webpixies and added:
- yaminoyume likes this
- webpixies posted this